Blog #86; Some Thoughts on my 58th birthday; Reflections both spiritual and philosophical

 So I am now 58, as of May 2nd.  It doesn't seem like it, especially in light of working out much more frequently and swimming twice a week.  For my birthday, my wonderful wife Erin gave me four new books to dive into, and I've already acquainted myself with each of their introductions.  The first one is from the Renaissance painter Vasari, called Lives and is a book I have heard touted all my adult life and I'm looking really forward to getting into these biographies of the Masters of Art from that time period and especially how they all gathered to Florence.  Also got a book in Italian, called Il Mistero della Casa in Sicilia, a mystery story.  Also, a friend I have made through the LDS literary community, Gabriel Gonzalez Nunez, and his Book of Mormon Sketches.  He seems an intelligent writer and translator and I would like to learn all I can from him.  Lastly is Rumors of War, from the great LDS writer Dean Hughes a historical novel about LDS in WW II.  I am looking forward to happily reading all these books!  What a birthday present!  Thanks, honey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #61; A New Post in the Association of Mormon Letters written by Chris McClelland; "A Call for moral adult LDS fiction"

Blog #93; the Award-Winning Short Story in the Most Recent VA Creative Writing Contest