Blog #22, historical fiction break, short stories and swimming


Long time, no blog.  I have been busy with many things since December, not to mention dealing with the COVID 19, and I haven’t had much to say that might be interesting to you.   I have taken a break from writing historical fiction for the time being to work on a collection of short stories with the theme of competitive swimming.   I was a member, albeit briefly and as a walk-on, of the famed University of Florida swim team.   I was given the choice of the coach recommending me to swim with the University of Tennessee, or continuing to train with his AAU team and see if I progressed enough to be put back on the UF travel team.   I chose to, after a short training time, to give up on competitive swimming completely.
I write about many other things in this collection, mostly centered around various types of trauma and PTSD.  I also write about facing mortality.   But mostly I am interested in average people in unusual circumstances.   Be ready in the coming months for this collection (SWIMMER, TAKE YOUR MARKS) to be released by Provo Canyon Press.   I may blog more before then, but regardless, I will definitely blog when it comes out, making free copies of my new collection known.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #61; A New Post in the Association of Mormon Letters written by Chris McClelland; "A Call for moral adult LDS fiction"

Blog #93; the Award-Winning Short Story in the Most Recent VA Creative Writing Contest