Chris McClelland, multiple award-winning short story writer and novelist, also sometime writing coach

Florida Literary Arts Alliance, Short Fiction Award National Veterans' Contest, Bronze Award for Fiction I am mainly a fiction writer, w...

Popular Posts

Monday, May 27, 2024

Blog #115; Memorial Day Weekend; ongoing work

On Memorial Day and Veterans' Day I have been making a tradition of giving away some of my military-themed books.   Starting on May 26, My debut novel IN LOVE AND WAR, and my novella, UNDER OLD GLORY, will both be given away (the digital versions only) for a limited time.


Finally, for my birthday, May 2nd, my wife got me a series of lessons on writing suspense/thriller stories, and so far I have learned much from the author, Harlan Coben. I have put my family epic on hold for a while (A Contrite Spirit) to finish out a suspense/thriller, and do something I have wanted to do for a long time: market it to the major agencies.  Its setting is mostly right here in Utah, and it has a deep flavoring of Mormon culture, and Rocky Mountain West humor.

Please, if you have stuck with me as I write these blogs this long, please take advantage of the free book offer.  

Enjoy the beautiful summer weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment