Blog #92; Recent Award from the National Veterans' Short Story Contest; Bronze Medal Award

 A happy June day to you my readers!  I got some particularly good news in the mail today, from the VA, where I was one of the vets to be chosen to be awarded a bronze medal in Creative Writing, Short Story Category.  It is quite an honor and came in the mail out of the blue today.  It's always gratifying to be recognized for your hard work.   The story was adapted from a longer piece, a novel I am working on called A CONTRITE SPIRIT, that follows a vet of WW I called Hyrum and his family members through the twentieth century.  A Mormon family epic about survival and the bonds of family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #61; A New Post in the Association of Mormon Letters written by Chris McClelland; "A Call for moral adult LDS fiction"

Blog #93; the Award-Winning Short Story in the Most Recent VA Creative Writing Contest