Blog 20; Future Books, or What I'm Working On Now

 


Hey, all!  I have had an epiphany recently regarding marketing my work. I spent a lot of time and money the last five years trying to market my books, and it did not work. I didn't make hardly any money, and nearly all my readers got my book for free. And I am okay with that. I have just decided (as I said in an email to my friends and family) to focus primarily on them as readers. And God. (He is my first reader, then Erin.) If you don't really know me and visit this blog and find it useful or interesting and like reading the books I write, you are always welcome. Even if you just stumble upon this site, all are welcome here.



For over two years now I've been working on the novel manuscript for A Contrite Spirit the story of a young Mormon man who, along with his brother, volunteers for the Army during World War I. He struggles with Shell Shock (PTSD) after the war and gradually heals. The novel then continues as more of a family saga, I am spending some time on that now, and should be released in 2022.


I am also currently switching from working on the novel to finishing up a short story collection. The book is a revised edition of the collection Fine People, and is only about 100 pages long. This should be released within the next few weeks.


Thanks for taking the time to read the blog, and for taking an interest in what I write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #61; A New Post in the Association of Mormon Letters written by Chris McClelland; "A Call for moral adult LDS fiction"

Blog #93; the Award-Winning Short Story in the Most Recent VA Creative Writing Contest