Blog #5 Happy Veterans’ Day!!

 

Happy Veterans’ Day to all the vets out there.   I am a vet myself, I served in the heart of the Cold War.  I was not in very long, and most of the time I don’t like to talk about it, but these stories about combat and trauma don’t just come out of thin air.  I’m not a combat vet, but I played a key role in helping those who were, and still are in combat for the Air Force.  You wouldn’t believe me if I told you what happened to me while in the Air Force, and I’m sure the USAF would not want me to talk about specifics, but suffice it to say I have suffered, greatly, for my service and that may explain why a story like Hyrum’s speaks to me so clearly and cries out to be heard.  

There are a lot of sacrifices for the USA that no one knows about.   All kinds of clandestine operations and things that the general public isn’t aware of.  Even right now, on 11/11/20, there are forces working for and against American, and even Global, freedom.   Pray for these people, if you pray, or at least send them your warm wishes.  They are putting their lives on the line for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #61; A New Post in the Association of Mormon Letters written by Chris McClelland; "A Call for moral adult LDS fiction"

Blog #93; the Award-Winning Short Story in the Most Recent VA Creative Writing Contest