New Blog #2: Toward a more spiritual novel; work on A Contrite Spirit; In Love and War, an exploration of moral dilemmas written before my conversion; Swimming Among the Olympians, a secular examination of human spirituality

 

I am currently working on a novel called A Contrite Spirit: A Novel of Faith and Redemption which follows Hyrum, a character in Under Old Glory, with a little overlap with that novella, where he tries to find peace in the years following the war.   The novel asks hard questions, just as my novel In Love and War did.  I wrote that book before I converted, but I am basically still interested in questions of moral and ethical weight, usually regarding questions related to combat.   Now, my beliefs give me (among many other wonderful things) a structure on which to build and explore my questions.

My other book currently available is called Swimming Among the Olympians: A Memoir and Collected Stories.   These stories explore what it means to be human, while again placing characters in morally challenging situations.  This book includes a section of “Under Old Glory” and a preview of some of the material contained in A Contrite Spirit.

 

Happy Halloween!

Enjoy the crisp weather of October,

Chris



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #61; A New Post in the Association of Mormon Letters written by Chris McClelland; "A Call for moral adult LDS fiction"

Blog #93; the Award-Winning Short Story in the Most Recent VA Creative Writing Contest